Three Shires is a private hospital located in the beautiful grounds of St Andrews in Northampton. Our patients can feel relaxed and at ease walking through the peaceful surroundings before entering the hospital and being welcomed by one of our friendly receptionists who will be happy to direct you to the correct department.
Three Shires prides itself on its high standards of quality care and we are delighted to have been recognised as ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission with an ‘Outstanding’ rating awarded in 2019 for our Imaging and Diagnostics services. Our Consultant Specialists are supported by a team of caring and professional medical staff, with dedicated nursing teams and a Resident Medical Officer on duty 24 hours a day, providing care within a friendly and comfortable environment.
Three Shires Hospital offers patients fast and easy access to treatment for over 33 different specialties and we currently have over 139 Consultants who choose to practice here. Our facilities, combined with modern technology and on-site support services, enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to complex surgery. Our facilities and services include:
- 14 consulting rooms
- 49 patient rooms with en-suite facilities
- 3 operating theatres (2 with laminar flow ultra clean air systems)
- Dedicated pre-op assessment rooms
- JAG (Joint Advisory Group) accredited endoscopy suite
- Minor procedures room
- Physiotherapy suite with gymnasium (including Gait scanner)
- General radiology, fluoroscopy and ultrasound
- Macmillan Accredited Cancer Care Suite with private pod rooms
- Dedicated ophthalmology and ENT rooms
- Audiology booth
- Ambulatory care bay
- Discharge lounge
- Women’s health services
- Men’s health services
- Nurse led bladder scanning sessions
- Hand therapy
- Pain Injection Clinic
- Outpatient, Day case and inpatient treatment for over 33 specialties
Three Shires is also exceptionally proud to provide onsite access to an Imaging and Diagnostics service which at the beginning of 2019 was recognised as Outstanding by the CQC. [email protected] is located within the hospital and the team works very closely with the Outpatient and theatre teams to ensure our patients journey is as smooth and stress-free as possible. Our on-site Imaging facilities include:
- 2 digital x-ray rooms
- MRI scanning including dynamic and contrast MRI examinations
- Ultrasound - Diagnostic and Interventional
Three Shires Hospital has 49 beds and all rooms offer the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has three theatres, an endoscopy and minor procedures room and an ambulatory care unit.
We also have a Macmillan accredited oncology suite providing patients with a relaxed environment with individual patient rooms and dedicated pod rooms.