Our physiotherapy services remain open for business, and we continue to accept new referrals - you do not need to have seen your GP or a Consultant to refer yourself for Physiotherapy.
Call us on 020 8655 5518 to arrange your appointment
Physiotherapy appointments from £64
- No GP referral required.
- Appointments usually available within 48 hours.
- Follow up appointments available from £52
- Call us on 020 8655 5518
Physiotherapy can restore loss of movement and function that can be a result of various injuries or conditions. At The Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon we have physiotherapists that specialise in a wide variety of treatments including women’s health, acupuncture, Pilates and sports injuries.
Our physiotherapists are registered and members of the Chartered Society under Integrated Care.
Your first visit will include an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you.
Our physiotherapists work closely and are part of integrated multi-disciplinary teams within the hospitals so, if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technology which could further aid your recovery with us.
Our physiotherapists at The Shirley Oaks Hospital, Croydon offer the following services:
- Acupuncture physiotherapy - can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Bracing - you may benefit from bracing if you have been suffering with painful joints, stability issues or have ongoing pain. Braces can also help with rehabilitation and returning to sport.
- Hand therapy - provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day to day activities that you enjoy.
- Pelvic health physiotherapy - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
- Pilates - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Rehabilitation services (post operative only) - aims to improve function after surgery or injuries including fractures, accidents, chronic spinal conditions, strokes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cranial surgery and cardiac surgery.
You can find out more about the physiotherapy team at The Shirley Oaks Hospital here.
Our gym is there to aid your progress on your physiotherapy journey with us, exercise forms an important part of your physiotherapy and or rehabilitation programme.
The aim is for you to increase mobility, muscle strength, and general fitness, build core stability, and reduce symptoms.
Our gym includes:
- Free weights
- Pilates reformer
- Balance boards
- Gym balls
- Thera band
Pilates at The Shirley Oaks Hospital
Pilates is a form of exercise designed to help stabilise the spine and pelvis.
Pilates may help strengthen the central core to treat a range of musculoskeletal problems or prevent their reoccurrence. We offer a weekly group Pilates class as well as an individual sessions which can be covered by your private medical insurance or paid for by yourself.
Pilates can help you with:
- Musculoskeletal pain by strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles, correcting muscle imbalance and increasing range of movement
- Sports injuries as part of your rehab programme or ongoing conditioning
- Postural problems by improving balance, flexibility and circulation
- Incontinence and pelvic floor problems
- Manage and reduce pain for musculoskeletal disorders