Mr Satish Madhavarajan
MBBS, BDS (London), FRSCEd (OMFS), MRCSEd, MS (General Surgery), Higher Diploma Craniomaxillofacial Trauma Surgery
Practices at: Goring Hall Hospital
Mr Madhavarajan’s main areas of special interest are salivary gland surgery, skin cancer surgery and maxillofacial trauma. He also specialises in minimal-access salivary gland surgery having undergone specialist training in this area. This includes removing salivary stones and glands through minimal incisions.
Mr Madhavarajan also specialises in treating complex skin cancer and reconstruction, and his area of expertise is complex reconstruction of the nose. Mr Madhavarajan assesses and treats benign skin lesions in the head and neck region.
Mr Madhavarajan’s work also encompasses the breadth of oral and maxillofacial surgery, including oral cancer diagnosis and early management, benign head and neck diseases, diseases of the jaws and teeth (dentoalveolar) surgery, complex wisdom teeth surgery, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) problems and oral medicine, including facial pain, mouth ulcers and lesions in the mouth and lips. He provides emergency surgical airway access when necessary and surgical airway access to the Intensive Care Unit at St.Richards Hospital, Chichester.
Mr Madhavarajan is also the skin cancer lead at Worthing Hospital and an ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support programme) instructor and the educational lead for the Maxillofacial Unit (MFU). Education is his passion and he take any opportunity to teach.
His passion outside work is his family - his wife, a son and two daughters, their pets (Oreo - dog and Skittles a ginger cat!). Mr Madhavarajan cannot help being a cricket fanatic and he cycles when he can.
- British Association Of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- General Medical Council
- General Dental Council
- British Medical Association
- Confederation of British Surgeons
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor
- Special Interest in Salivary Gland swellings / Surgery (benign) including Salivary gland stones
- Special Interest in Skin cancer Surgery and Reconstruction
- Benign Skin Lumps
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery, Dentoalveolar Surgery, Complex teeth extraction, Cysts of the jaw
- Oral Cancer Diagnosis
- Head and Neck Cancer Diagnosis (Excluding thyroid)
- Benign Head and Neck lumps
- Lymph Node Biopsy
- Thyroglossal Cysts
- Temporomandibular Joint Problems (TMJ)
- Facial Pain Diagnosis and Management
- Oral Diagnosis and Oral Medicine
- Facial Trauma Surgery