Mr Basso’s sub specialist training in Hand Surgery took place at St. Andrew’s Centre, the North- East Thames Regional Hand & Plastic Surgery Unit, situated in Essex. His Shoulder surgery training took place at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton. He is currently on the General Medical Council Specialist Register.
Mr Basso is a member of the British Society of Surgery of the Hand (BSSH) and also a component of the 'Scaphoid Fractures Study Group'. As such, Mr Basso participated, as Project Leader Collaborator, in the collection of clinical data to be included in the National Audit on Occult Scaphoid fractures, led by the BSSH. More recently, he collaborated further with the BSSH to develop the ‘Trigger trial’, another multicentre clinical project, aimed at comparing the clinical effectiveness of steroid injection versus surgery in treating trigger fingers. His current research interest is about the surgical treatment of chronic wrist pain.
- Hand and Wrist Trauma Surgeon
- Elective Interest in Hand, Wrist and Upper Limb
- Former Specialist Registrars Trainer and
- Examiner, University College London Medical School
- Higher Academic Degree, University of London
- Lead Collaborator for multi-centre trials
- Published on Patients satisfaction
- Member of British Society Surgery of the Hand
- University of London Convocation (Holder of Higher Degree)
- Reviewer, British Journal of Healthcare Management
- 1986 Medical graduation
- 1988- 90 Resident in General Surgery, the Bronx- Lebanon Hospital Center, NYC
- 1990 Moved to London where he completed his Basic Surgical Training
- 1995 Started his research on ligaments biomechanics at Imperial College London
- 1996 Appointed Specialist Registrar, Trauma & Orthopaedics Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals, London
- 2000 Appointed Master of Surgery by University of London (Imperial College)
- 2002 Passed UK National Board Examination in Trauma & Orthopaedics
- 2003 Awarded the Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in Trauma & Orthopaedics
(Specialist Training Authority, London).