Take the First Step towards a Steadier Future. You don't have to live with the frustration and limitations that balance problems and dizziness bring. The Balance Clinic is your partner in reclaiming your stability and improving your daily life. Contact us today to schedule your primary assessment and take the first step towards a steadier, more confident you.
Our primary assessment is meticulously designed to uncover the root causes of your very often not specific symptoms, providing a clear roadmap for your recovery. Led by a Consultant ENT Surgeon, our assessment is a multi-faceted approach that combines advanced diagnostic techniques and specialised expertise to ensure a thorough understanding of your condition.
If you're experiencing any of the symptoms listed below alongside your dizziness, booking a Primary Assessment with us can help provide answers and guide you toward effective solutions:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unsteadiness or disequilibrium
- Leaning or veering to one side when walking
- Fullness in the ears
- Fluctuating hearing loss
- Difficulties in crowded or busy environments
- Repeated light-headedness
- Spinning sensations or vertigo
- Floating sensations
- Sensations of being pushed or pulled
- Blurred or double vision
- Feeling confused or unable to coordinate movements
- Brain fog
- Anxiety or panic attacks
- Headaches or migraines
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound
- Motion sickness
- Neck pain
Our Primary Assessment Process takes 90 min.
Formal Assessment by Consultant ENT Surgeon: Your journey begins with a detailed examination by a Consultant ENT Surgeon. With their extensive experience in treating balance-related disorders, they will gather crucial insights into your medical history, symptoms, and overall health.
Vestibular Testing by Specialist Audiologist: Our skilled Specialist Audiologist will conduct vestibular tests to assess the function of your inner ear and the pathways responsible for balance.
Balance Physiotherapy with Vestibular Specialist: A dedicated Vestibular Specialist in balance physiotherapy will work closely with you to understand your physical condition. They will guide you through exercises and techniques that aim to improve your balance and minimize dizziness.
In-Depth Assessment: Our assessment encompasses a range of specialized tests, including:
- Video Head Impulse Test (VHIT): This advanced test evaluates the function of your vestibular system by tracking your eye movements in response to head movements.
- Modified Clinical Test of Sensory Integration of Balance (MCTSIB): A comprehensive test to assess how different sensory inputs affect your balance.
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) Evaluation: Identifying the presence of BPPV, a common cause of vertigo and dizziness.
- Blood Pressure Testing: Ensuring a holistic assessment by considering potential cardiovascular factors.
- Cervical Spine Test: Exploring the connection between your neck and balance.
- Falls Risk/Walking Assessment: Evaluating your risk of falls and your overall walking patterns.
Personalized Care and Follow-Up: Within seven days of your assessment, you will receive a telephone follow-up from the consultant ENT surgeon. This call will provide you with a detailed report, including the results of your tests, recovery plans, and recommended treatment options. If necessary, prescriptions will also be discussed.
Vestibular rehabilitation sessions: To aid your recovery, up to three scheduled vestibular rehabilitation sessions will be arrange - one per week. These sessions will be tailored to your needs, helping you regain your balance and confidence.
At the Balance Clinic, we are committed to your well-being. Our comprehensive primary assessment is the first step toward understanding your condition and regaining control over your life. Whether it's through state-of-the-art testing, expert consultations, or personalized rehabilitation, we're here to guide you every step of the way.
The Primary assessment costs £1200, flexible payment option is available.