Private Physiotherapy in Bath
At Bath Clinic we offer private physiotherapy services to patients who are based in Bath, Bristol and Wiltshire.
Private physiotherapy can help with a wide range of injuries and conditions including back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, joint pain and arthritis, muscle injuries, post surgery rehabilitation, and sports injuries.
There are also physiotherapists that specialise in women’s health, acupuncture, pilates and cancer care (oncology).
Your first visit will involve an assessment of your condition so that a private treatment programme can be specifically developed for you. We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
Integrated Private Care
All Circle Health physiotherapists are registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions.
Private Physiotherapy Facilities in Bath
Our private physiotherapy department has six private treatment rooms and includes a gym.
All Circle Health physiotherapists work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that, if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions.
We provide on-site access to diagnostic imaging services which may include ultrasound, x-ray, MRI and CT scans.
Private Gym Equipment Bath Clinic
The purpose-built physio-gyms at our hospitals let our physiotherapists work with you to provide expert advice and develop an exercise programme which meets your specific needs.
Exercise forms an important part of physiotherapy. The aim is to increase mobility, muscle strength, and general fitness, build core stability, and reduce symptoms. Services include personal training, customised rehabilitation.
Our private gym includes:
- Free weights
- Balance master
- Parallel bars
- Gym balls
If we cannot help you with physiotherapy, we can quickly refer you to our consultant orthopaedic Surgeons who can deal with keyhole joint surgery, repair of ligament injuries, treatment of fractures and repair of tendon and nerve injuries.
Private Physiotherapy Treatments offered in Bath
- Acupuncture physiotherapy - acupuncture can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Chronic pain management - if you have had persistent or long-standing pain that has failed to respond to previous treatments, then it would be helpful to consult a physiotherapist. This type of physiotherapy has been shown to assist patients with coping strategies that can help improve quality of life.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for cancer treatments - we offer individual assessments and treatment for a wide range of musculoskeletal problems that can occur as a result of your cancer treatment, such as shoulder pain and stiffness after breast surgery, or lower back pain as a result of being less active.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation service- aims to improve function after surgery or injuries including fractures, accidents, chronic spinal conditions, strokes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cranial surgery and cardiac surgery.
- Shockwave therapy - also known as Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT), it is used to treat chronic tendon problems, shoulder pain, painful heel, tennis elbow or pain in the Achilles tendon.
- Vestibular rehabilitation- the treatment consists of exercises designed to retrain the balance system and to re-programme your brain to tune out the dizzy sensations. The goal is to gradually reduce the severity of your symptoms, by becoming desensitised.
Physiotherapy can help you recover following injury, surgery or illness. At Bath Clinic you will receive first class treatment at an affordable price.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.