Professor Magee is a Vascular Surgeon and a specialist in treating patients with varicose veins. He has been treating patients with varicose veins since 1988 and has been a Consultant Surgeon at the Royal Berkshire Hospital since 1996. He was appointed Consultant Vascular Surgeon at Oxford University Hospitals in 2012 where he is a Senior Surgeon in the Thames Valley Vascular Network.
He trained in Bristol, Exeter and Oxford. He has been a Council Member of the Venous Forum of the Royal Society of Medicine and is a Member of the British Association of Sclerotherapists.
Professor Magee has held and holds many managerial and academic posts including; College Tutor, Examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Examiner for the University of Oxford, Lead Clinician for Surgery, Divisional Director of Surgery, Chair of the Oxford Regional Blood Transfusion Committee and Member of the National Blood Transfusion Committee.
Professor Magee specialises in:
- Minimally invasive varicose vein surgery
- Local and general anaesthetic vein treatments including foam sclerotherapy
- Endovenous ablation using laser, radiofrequency ablation and glue (cyanoacrylate)
- Arterial surgery. Including carotid, aortic (Open and Endovascular repair) surgery and surgery for leg ischaemia
- Deep venous disease
- Venous ulcers
- Spider and thread veins of the legs treatment using microinjection sclerotherapy
- Veinwave treatment of red veins of the face