Trained in King's College London, graduating with Triple Distinction in undergraduate medicine and Honours in BSc in physiology in 2006.
Surgical training in the Wessex region. Awarded the national Sir Walter Mercer Gold Medal in Trauma & Orthopaedics in 2014, and The McLeod Medal in Sports and Exercise Medicine also in 2014.
Fellowship trained in Trauma surgery (John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford), and advanced Knee surgery (Basingstoke Hospital).
Hold additional degrees in Engineering (Masters - MSc - with distinction) from Cardiff University, and Teaching (Bristol University- PGCE - again with distinction).
Honorary university appointed Teaching Fellow at the University of Southampton, and Research Fellow at the University of Winchester. Research lead for the Department of Trauma & Orthopaedics at Hampshire Hospitals.
Broad experience of teaching from undergraduate level to international lecturing and presentations. Published widely and authored several book chapters on surgery of the knee. Recognised international expert in ligament surgery and knee osteotomy and is an invited faculty member of several international courses and conferences.
All aspects of knee surgery including sports injuries:
- Arthroscopic surgery and all related arthroscopic procedures
- Meniscal surgery including meniscal repair and transplant
- Cartilage surgery including complex osteochondral allografting
- Ligament reconstructions around the knee from primary ACL reconstruction to complex multiligament cases including revision
- Realignment osteotomy around the knee
- Patellofemoral surgery
- Knee replacement (TKR), partial knee replacement
- Revision knee replacement
- Cemented total hip replacement (THR)
- Uncemented THR
- Management of trochanteric bursitis and tendinopathy