Mr Roland Hettige
MBBS, FRCS (ORL-HNS), MSc
Practices at: The Princess Margaret Hospital
Mr Hettige is a fully trained Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) doctor, who takes a particular interest in nasal and sinus problems, in both adults and children.
Mr Hettige has spent the last 10 years gaining super-specialist training in advanced septorhinoplasty, nasal and sinus surgery both in London (St Mary’s and Guy’s Hospitals) and Oxford (John Radcliffe University Hospital).
Mr Hettige is not just a Facial Plastic specialist but also an ENT surgeon. This means that as well as appreciating the aesthetics of the final result he also places great emphasis on the dynamics of your nasal airflow, ensuring the nose you end up with will have function and beauty.
He relocated to take up his NHS Consultant job at Frimley Health NHS Trust and is the lead surgeon in the trust responsible for the Rhinology service. He routinely accepts referrals from other surgeons to perform difficult and revision surgery, and his unique skills and experience now attract referrals throughout Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and the London boroughs.
- Rhinoplasty (Cosmetic Nose Reshaping)
- Septorhinoplasty (Improving Blocked Noses)
- Sinus Infections
- Nasal Allergy including immunotherapy and cryotherapy for hayfever
- Blocked Nose
- Tonsils – (modern coblation techniques which are safer with shorter recovery time)
- Glue Ear & Grommets
- General ENT including hearing problems, voice, swallowing problems, etc
- British Rhinological Society
- British Society of Facial Plastic Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
- European Rhinological Society
- Royal Society of Medicine
- General Medical Council
Higher Surgical Training:
- Oxford Deanery (Health Education Thames Valley)
- Observership Academic Medical Centre (AMC) & Nols Trenite Facial Plastics Clinic. Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Regional Thames Valley Sub-Specialist Rhinology Fellowship