Dr Manish Gupta is the Senior Consultant Ophthalmologist for NHS Greater Glasgow. He was appointed as a consultant in NHS in Dec 2010. He joined NHS Greater Glasgow in August 2011 and since then he has looked after the Medical Retina service at Queen Elizabeth University Hospital and Stobhill Hospital. His services deliver management of all medical retina conditions including macular degeneration, diabetic macular oedema, diabetic retinopathy and vein occlusion. Other services include general ophthalmology, Intravitreal injections, Argon laser treatment and Yag laser capsulotomy for thickened posterior capsule.
Dr Gupta is a honorary senior Clinical lecturer at the University of Glasgow and examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Glasgow. He has co-authored book chapters and has publications in international journals. He is actively involved in training of other Health Professionals including Opticians, Nurses and General Practitioners, and regularly runs courses for Optometrists. He is also a consultant trainer for opticians at the West of Scotland Teach and Treat (WOSCOTT) clinic.
- Medical retina conditions (age related macular degeneration, diabetic eye diseases, vein occlusion) - diagnosis and management
- Diabetic laser
- Intravitreal injections for age related macular degeneration, diabetes and vein occlusion
- Yag laser capsulotomy for thickened posterior capsule
- General ophthalmology (dry eyes)
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists London
- General Medical Council
- Scottish Ophthalmological Club
- All India Ophthalmic Society