Mr Joshua Jacob
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, D.Orth, M.Sc, MRCS, FRCS(Tr&Orth)
Mr Joshua Jacob is a consultant trauma & orthopaedic surgeon specialising in lower limb surgery.
His specialist interests include primary hip and knee replacements, knee arthroscopy (key-hole surgery) knee ligament reconstructions, forefoot bunion surgery and complex trauma.
After completing his undergraduate studies, Josh did his basic surgical training in Durham. Subsequently, he completed a Masters in Biomedical Engineering at the prestigious Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore.
Josh completed his Post graduate Orthopaedic training in London and undertook two specialist fellowships at the Rowley Bristow unit at St. Peter’s Hospital. These were in:
1. Limb Reconstruction and Advanced Trauma
2. Sports Surgery and Joint Replacement (Royal College of Surgeons of England approved fellowship).
Josh is a member of the British Orthopaedic Association (BOA), British Association for Surgery of the knee (BASK) and an International affiliate of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).Josh enjoys playing squash competitively and plays the guitar and piano for leisure. He is a committed Christian and actively involved in his church. He is married to Bobbi a GP, and they have four children together.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Hip and knee arthroplasty
- Sports injuries of the knee
- Complex lower limb trauma