Mr John Charles Mitchell
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MB ChB, FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Practices at: The Duchy Hospital
He was appointed to consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon at Harrogate District Hospital in 2003, and has developed a specialist hip and knee replacement service.
Current interests include enhanced recovery after joint replacement and shockwave therapy/surgery for trochanteric pain. Mr Mitchell is currently the clinical lead for orthopaedics.
- Hip and knee replacement for the adult degenerative joint
- High performance hip arthroplasty for the young adult, including ceramic on ceramic hips and hip resurfacing
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Hip Society