At The Princess Margaret Hospital, our team of experienced private consultant general physicians can provide around the clock medical care for a broad range of conditions and illnesses, for patients based in Windsor, Maidenhead and Ascot.
Our expert, personalised approach to care, coupled with peaceful surroundings and your own private en-suite bedroom, will make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
Who is the private general medical care service in Windsor for?*
- You or a loved one may require treatment for an illness
- You're suffering from multiple conditions and need medical care
- You are in need of rehabilitation and a hospital stay
- You require diagnostic investigations to get to the bottom of what's wrong
Why choose The Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor for general medical care?
- We provide 24/7 direct access to our service with a fast and efficient admission process
- Our service is consultant led so you have the reassurance that you are being cared for by a specialist, experienced consultant physician, backed up by a dedicated nursing team providing high quality, personalised care
- If required, a team of healthcare professionals such as physiotherapists, will be available to aid your recovery
- Your own private en-suite bedroom and tailored menus will make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible
- Our general medical service is insurer approved meaning you should be covered by your private medical insurance policy**
- For those who do not have private medical insurance, we offer a pay for yourself package price option***
Admission into our private general medical care service in Windsor:
All you need to do is make one simple phone call to our general medical services department on 0800 029 4361.
Our dedicated senior medical officer will ask some questions over the phone to ensure you or your loved one are suitable for admission into hospital*. Once agreed you can arrive at the hospital there and then if you wish. You will be under the care of the general medical nursing team and you will be assessed by your consultant physician within four hours of admission.
Your admission can be arranged by yourself, or on your behalf by a relative, GP, carer or care home.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.
Terms and conditions
*We do not accept admissions for any person under the age of 18 years old. There are various medical conditions that we are unable to accept. The nurse will ask you questions over the phone to ensure it is suitable for you to be admitted into hospital.
** Please check the cover detail of your insurance policy with your insurer directly.
***Our fixed price pay for yourself package includes accommodation, daily consultant visits, nursing care, low cost drugs and pathology, and access to some other healthcare professionals such as physiotherapists. The price does not include the initial consultant fee, imaging and diagnostics, high cost drugs and pathology and consultations, care or treatment provided by other specialist consultants. For patients paying for themselves, we will ask for your credit card details upon admission to act as a holding deposit.