The UK's childhood vaccination programme helps protect you from a number of serious diseases, however, it doesn't include the many infectious diseases that you can contract overseas. Travelling to certain parts of the world can put you at risk of contracting infections and harmful diseases. Preventative treatment such as vaccinations will help strengthen your body's immunity against any diseases and infections, however harmful.
Wide range of vaccines and preventative treatments
It is advised that you should seek travel health advice at least eight weeks before you plan to travel. This is because some vaccinations will need to be given in advance. The Travel Health Clinics at Circle Health Group offer the following vaccines and preventative treatments:
|Hepatitis A + B||£88.50|
|Hepatitis A & Typhoid||£100.00|
|Dip, Tetanus & Polio||£42.50|
In addition to offering vaccinations, Circle Travel Clinics also offer personalised travel advice to ensure you are prepared for your trip. We offer a comprehensive risk assessment to ensure you are given all the vaccinations you need, a record of your vaccinations and vaccination certificates if it is required for your travel destination. Our travel health nursing staff will be happy to answer any queries you have about your health on holiday.
When planning your jabs you should inform your consultant if:
- You're pregnant or you think you might be pregnant
- You're breastfeeding
- You have a health condition that affects your immune system, such as HIV or AIDS
- You've had a bone marrow of organ transplant recently
- You're receiving a treatment that affects your immune system, such as chemotherapy
What you should consider before you travel
- The country you're visiting
- Your age and general health
- The time of year you're travelling
- Where you're staying – rural or city
- If you're travelling as an aid worker
- If you're a health professional working in a medical environment
How Circle Health Group can help
Travel health at Circle Health Group offers you fast, direct and convenient appointments with a travel health professional. Our health professionals will quickly identify the vaccinations you will need and if you have any health conditions, they will advise you appropriately. They will offer you specialist advice on travel health and ensure you're covered for when you travel so you can enjoy your trip safely.