Dr Mehrez graduated in 1991, completing his pain medicine and anaesthetic training at South Thames School, London Deanery. He also received training in London teaching hospitals including Guy’s and St Thomas’ and Kings College Hospitals. Dr Mehrez spent a year at Guy’s and St Thomas' Hospital Pain Management Centre practicing the most advanced techniques in pain management and neuromodulation, before taking up his current consultant post in 2007.
Dr Mehrez’s NHS and private practice encompass all aspects of chronic pain, using minimally invasive and advanced techniques in pain medicine. He has a special interest in radiofrequency techniques and applications in spinal and neuropathic pain conditions, as well as in coccydynia and neck pain. Dr Mehrez relies on a sophisticated combination of medications, up to date interventional procedures, and wellness-based integrative techniques to insure that you ultimately are able to experience the maximum amount of long-term pain relief and maximal daily function.
He is experienced in fluoroscopic and Ultrasound guided interventional pain management procedures including:
- Facet joints and epidural injections and nerve block for neck, back and leg pain
- Radiofrequency ablation of nerves
- Pulsed radiofrequency treatments for neuropathic pain syndromes
- Sympathetic nerve block and radiofrequency treatment
- Central and peripheral nerve blocks and neuromodulation
- Trigger points, shoulder and joints injections