Dr Rizvi is a Senior Physician who practices as an experienced Consultant Physician with his NHS practice at Watford General Teaching Hospital and his private practice in North London including Harrow, Northwood, Bushey, Watford and Hertfordshire. He has a private practice based on Central London. Dr Rizvi sees patients from across London.
His areas of clinical expertise include:
- Complex general medical illnesses
- Blood pressure management
- Heart failure, Atrial Fibrillation
- Pneumonia, respiratory problems
- Urinary tract infections, acute confusion
- Cellulitis, poor mobility, recurrent falls
- Stroke and memory care
- Outpatient consultations
- Inpatient admission for complex medical illnesses with comprehensive medical care.
He is active in clinical practice and specialises in caring for patients with acute and chronic medical illnesses.
He is recognised for his clinical expertise and approachable bedside manner by patients and colleagues. He has a special interest in stroke rehabilitation, memory care and Parkinson’s disease and attends at Langley House Rehabilitation Unit, where he supervises the care of patients following a stroke, surgery or needing medical rehabilitation.
He is involved with Clinical Governance and audit meetings at his hospital.
He had been the lead physician for Elderly Care Teaching and Training Programme from 2001 till 2020 and he personally conducted these well received tutorials for all the junior doctors and registrars in the Elderly Care Department.
As an experienced senior Physician, he holds a role for supervision of junior doctors and from the University College London and internationally with students from the University of Grenada.
He holds the prestigious role as an MRCP examiner for the Royal College of Physicians London for the PACES examination. He has been Tutor for the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) from 2002 till 2008.
Dr Rizvi has is also heavily involved in research, publications and teaching and has received Awards and recognition for his work:
- Serves as the Lead for Parkinson's Disease Research Projects at West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Dr Rizvi has received Commendation from the President of the local Parkinson's disease Society and Local Temples. His talk has been featured and published in Watford Observer newspaper.
Dr Rizvi is dedicated to public service and regularly participates in community health outreach work at events for health and wellness and regularly gives lectures to the general public audiences and on a range of topics including:
- Health Awareness
- Blood pressure
- Heart Disease
- Parkinson’s disease.
On a personal note, Dr Rizvi has been married for over 37 years and has three daughters’ all of whom are successful physicians in London and in the USA.
He enjoys spending time with his family, travelling and has a passion for photography.