Dr Richard Chalmers
DM, MA, FRCP
Practices at: Goring Hall Hospital
Dr Chalmers was a student at Oxford University, where he was awarded both pre-clinical and clinical scholarships. He trained in general medicine in Oxford and in London, and in neurology at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. He was a Medical Research Council training fellow at the Institute of Neurology.
Dr Chalmers was appointed to a consultant post in Sussex in 2000. He has a busy general neurology practice at Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust and at Hurstwood Park Neurosciences Centre and has subspecialist training in neuro-genetics and neuro-ophthalmology. He is also the lead clinician for the Sussex neurology network.
- General neurology including headache
- Seizures and other causes of loss of consciousness
- Specialist training in neuro-ophthalmology and neuro-genetics
- Movement disorders including Parkinson’s disease
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians
- Association of British Neurologists
Current NHS and /or University Posts
Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust