Mr Giles Hellawell
Consultant Urological Surgeon
DM, BM BCh, FRCS(Urol)
Practices at: The Clementine Churchill Hospital
In addition to general urology he has a sub-specialty interest in laparoscopic pelvic oncology (laparoscopic radical prostatectomy) and upper tract laparoscopy (laparoscopic nephrectomy). A complete general urology service is provided including surgery for benign prostate disease and renal stone disease. He maintains an academic interest in clinical research and has published book chapters and papers on prostate cancer and laparoscopic surgery.
Since his appointment the laparoscopic radical prostatectomy service at Northwick Park Hospital has achieved 23-hour in-patient stay in more than 90% of cases with excellent functional and oncological outcomes.
- Laparoscopic uro-oncology (prostate and renal surgery)
- Bladder cancer and major pelvic surgery
- General urology including benign prostate diseases and stone disease
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of England