Mr Georgios Papadopoulos works as a Consultant Urological Surgeon in East Kent Hospital University Foundation Trust, and he is the Endoscopic Lead of Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer.
He is a passionate expert in Endourology and General Urology and has a Specialist Interest in endoscopic management of Bladder Cancer, Urinary Stones and Enlargement of the prostate. He is a core member of the bladder cancer multi-disciplinary team at the Kent and Canterbury Hospital.
Mr Papadopoulos completed his higher surgical training in urology in Greece, and he subspecialized at a high volume Endourology and Stone leading University hospitals in the London region and Brighton in the surgical treatment of urinary tract stones and endoscopic management of benign and malignant urological diseases.
His clinical practice encompasses the investigation, diagnosis and management of a number of benign and cancerous urological disorders including: Haematuria (blood in the urine), Urinary tract infections (UTI's), Kidney stones, Enlarged prostate (BPH), Inguinal and Scrotal surgery including Vasectomy, Overactive Bladder Syndrome, Scrotal and Penile conditions, raised PSA blood test, Prostate Cancer and Bladder Cancer.
Mr Papadopoulos philosophy is to provide every patient with a personalised and excellent care. Urological problems can be worrisome and stressful. Mr Papadopoulos believes in an open, empathetic and holistic approach to find the solution.
His work ethic is to provide a professional service in a caring environment, by offering the most up to date and best evidenced tests and treatments.
In all his professional activities, the central focus is improving patient care.
- Flexible Cystoscopy
- Bladder Biopsies
- Optical Urethrotomy/Urethral dilatation
- Transurethral resection of the Prostate (TURP, TURIS)
- Transurethral resection of Bladder Tumour (TURBT)
- Minimally invasive procedure for the enlargement of the prostate (UROLIFT)
- Ureteroscopy and Laser fragmentation of the Kidney/Ureteric Stones (FURS/Rigid URS)
- Hydrocele repair
- Epidydimal cyst excision
- Vasectomy (Male sterilisation)
- Haematuria (Blood in the Urine)
- Blood in Semen (Haematospermia)
- Prostate problems
- Raised PSA
- Management of the enlargement of the prostate
- Overactive bladder symptoms (frequency, Urgency, Incontinence, Nocturia)
- Urinary tract Infections/Cystitis
- Kidney stones
- Bladder Cancer
- Foreskin problems
- Royal College of Surgeons of England (Fellow)
- European Board of Urology (Fellow)
- Hellenic Urological Association (Fellow)
- General Medical Council
- Medical Protection Society
- Higher Surgical Training - Specialist Urological Surgeon
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Canterbury Hospital