He introduced ovarian tissue autografting for patients who opt for surgeries to remove their ovaries. The ovarian graft reversed the menopausal state without artificial hormone replacement. The technique was proven to be very successful with excellent patient satisfaction and led the way for the establishment of ovarian tissue freezing.
He is the chair of advanced training in the West Midland School and one of a handful of approved national trainers for advanced laparoscopic surgery. He invented a new surgical technique for safe and successful management of corneal ectopic pregnancy. He has also developed a technique of laparoscopic entry to eliminate the associated risk of injury. He is the author of 6 chapters and over 20 publications. He has been an invited speaker of over 50 international and national conferences. He is the director of 8 international courses for hand on training of different surgical skills.
- Endometriosis (Director of Birmingham endometriosis centre)
- Laparoscopic (key hole) gynaecological surgery including hysterectomy and myomectomy
- Reproductive surgery (Surgery to help woman to conceive) including reversal of sterilisation
- Fertility preservation (protecting fertility from ageing)
- Transabdominal cerclage (TAC): surgery to prevent miscarriage
Please note Mr Afifi has taken over Mr Chris Mann’s endometriosis clinic.