Mr Suresh Chandrashekar
Consultant Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, MS Orth., FRCS Ed.
Practices at: The London Independent Hospital
Mr Chandrashekar’s further training in trauma and orthopaedics has seen him in rotation across various subspecialty firms in Manchester, Harlow (Essex) and Royal London Hospital (NHS). He successfully passed the Royal College of Surgeons exams securing the Fellowship Diploma for FRCS (Orth) and went on to undertake sub-speciality fellowship training in Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic surgery at The University Hospitals of Southampton Foundation Trust.
Mr Chandrashekar is passionate about teaching and actively trains medical students and orthopaedic trainees within the NHS as well as acting as an examiner The Royal College of Surgeons in England Revision courses. He has extensive experience in Foot and Ankle surgery with a specialist interest in sports injuries,
Mr Chandrashekar practices minimally invasive surgery and supports enhanced patient recovery and early rehabilitation. He is committed to research projects for foot surgery and has peer-reviewed publications, successfully presenting at international and national medical conferences. Besides speaking English as his first language, he is fluent in Hindi, Tamil and caters to Russian speaking clients as well.
Entire foot & ankle orthopaedic & trauma problems with a specialist interest in:
- Sports injuries (ankle sprains and instability)
- Cartilage damage and key hole surgeries of ankle joints
- Achilles tendon management
- Toe nail surgery
- Limb fractures
- Ankle fractures (fractures and dislocations/contact sport-related trauma)
- Foot fractures including fractures of os-calcis, metatarsal fractures and toe injuries
- Complex ankle replacement and fusion surgeries
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- European Foot and Ankle Society
- Medical Protection Society
- Advanced Trauma Life Support