Ms Sucheta Iyengar
MMBS, MRCOG MA(Ed)
Practices at: The Chiltern Hospital
Ms Iyengar offers a general gynaecology service including diagnosis and treatment of causes of heavy periods and vaginal prolapse. One of her special interest is colposcopy and she is an examiner for colposcopy accreditation with the British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology. She also regularly performs ultrasound scans for early pregnancy problems such as miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy and is trained in their management.
Miss Iyengar undertook additional training at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in their menopause clinic and has completed the ‘Advanced Certificate in Menopause Care’. She has been recognised as a Menopause Specialist by the British Menopause Society since 2018.
She looks after women with problems in the menopause/ Premature ovarian insufficiency and also pre-menstrual syndrome.
She is especially good communicating in Asian languages. She can understand Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi and Marathi and can fluently speak Hindi and Marathi.
- Colposcopy: investigation for cervical cancer
- Management of heavy menstrual bleeding
- Management of prolapse
- Ultrasound in early pregnancy and management of miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology