During specialist training he completed a British Heart Foundation clinical research fellowship at Hammersmith Hospital researching the vascular effects of drug therapy in the context of inflammatory diseases such as vasculitis, SLE and related connective tissue diseases. This led to the award of Ph.D by Imperial College London, and he has subsequently won prizes from the British Society of Rheumatology and Royal Society of Medicine for this research.
Dr Hamdulay practices general internal medicine and general rheumatology, and has a clinical interest in vasculitis, SLE and the inflammatory connective tissue diseases. He plays an active role in clinical research and lectures at an undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Currently, he has an established practice at London Northwest University Healthcare and has strong networks with other specialists including orthopaedics, neurology and physiotherapy.
- Lupus and related diseases
- Infection related arthritis
- Joint injections
- Unexplained fevers, fatigue, pain and other symptoms
- Vasculitis, temporal arteritis (GCA) and polymyalgia rheumatica
- Ankylosing spondylitis and other spinal diseases
- Gout and other crystal arthritis
- Diagnosis and treatment of complex general medical and rheumatological problems
- Rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and other types of arthritis
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society Rheumatology
- British Medical Association