Mr Sanjay Agrawal
Consultant Bariatric & Upper GI Surgeon
MB BS, MS, FRCSEd, FRCSGlasg, FRCS (Gen. Surg)
Practices at: The London Independent Hospital
Mr Sanjay Agrawal is a Consultant Surgeon specializing in Bariatric (Obesity/Weight-Loss), Laparoscopic (Keyhole) & upper Gastrointestinal Surgery at Homerton University Hospital in London, with an established private practice at BMI The London Independent Hospital. He is also Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Blizard Institute in Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry at Queen Mary University of London.
Mr Agrawal has had extensive training in the United Kingdom, Belgium, Japan and India. Additionally, his extensive experience has seen him perform over 1,250 laparoscopic bariatric procedures and more than 2,500 general surgical procedures to date.
Mr Agrawal is Director of London International Bariatric Surgery Symposium (LIBSS) which was last help in 2019 in London, attracting over 200 attendees from 22 countries around the world. He is also Editor-in-Chief for a book titled ‘Obesity, Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery: A Practical Guide’.
Since 2012, the Surgical Review Corporation of USA designated Mr Agrawal as ‘Master Surgeon in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, MSMBS’ (previously called ‘Surgeon of Excellence in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery’, ‘SOEMBS’ & ‘Bariatric Surgeon of Excellence (BSOE)’). He has the honour of being the Only Weight-loss/Obesity Surgeon in the UK to achieve this certification. Globally, the designation is considered a marker of quality assurance in patient care.
Mr Agrawal has been invited to join Top Doctors® UK and become a member of their international medical team, having been identified as a leading specialist in Bariatric Surgery in the UK.
Mr Agrawal trains other surgeons in bariatric & laparoscopic surgery and has made numerous presentations at national and international meetings as well as publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Mr Agrawal has the honor of being the First Post-CCT Fellow in Bariatric and Upper GI Surgery awarded under the National Surgical Fellowship Scheme through the Royal College of Surgeons of England, in the year 2009-10. He was also awarded Association of Surgeons in Training (ASiT) Bariatric Fellowship in Bruges, Belgium for in 2009. Additionally, he was awarded Ethicon Short Term Clinical Visit Grant by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh for the Gastric Fellowship at National Cancer Center & Cancer Institute Hospital in Tokyo, Japan in 2008.
- Nissen Fundoplication Laparoscopic
- Anti-Reflux Surgery
- Cholecystectomy Laparoscopic
- Epigastric Hernia Repair
- Femoral Hernia Repair
- Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Hernia Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Open Incisional Hernia Repair
- Removing Benign Skin Lesion
- Gastric Band Surgery
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Restrictive Procedures For Weight Loss
- Revision Surgery After Primary Bariatric Consultation
- Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Obesity or Weight-Loss surgery: Laparoscopic gastric band or lapband, gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic hernia (groin & incisional) repairs
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for gallstones
- Laparoscopic anti-reflux surgery for heartburn/Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD)
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery.
- American Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- International Federation of Surgical Obesity (IFSO)
- British Association of Obesity & Metabolic Surgeons (BOMSS)
- British Obesity Surgery Patients Association (BOSPA)
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh – Fellow
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow – Fellow
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) – Life Member since 1999
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)