Dr Sameer Gupta
Consultant Anaesthetist with a specialist interest in Pain Management
MBBS, MD, FRCA, FFPMRCA
Practices at: Thornbury Hospital
He developed an interest in pain as a sub-speciality interest and did one year's fellowship in Pain from world renowned Pain centre at Walton Centre, Liverpool. Dr Gupta obtained his fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine of Royal College of Anaesthetists in May 2010.
He works in the independent sector at DRG health Clinic, BMI, Claremont and Parkhill hospitals. Dr Gupta is chair of South Yorkshire Pain Group and organises meeting and education activities for Pain consultants and GP's within the region.
He is an appraiser for secondary care consultants and OSCE examiner for medical students. He is also a Chief Medical Officer of a Tier 1 MedCo regulated Medico- Legal firm.
Dr Gupta specialises in General Anaesthesia and most methods of local and regional nerve blocks including spinals and epidurals. He accepts referrals from all health professionals including consultants, GPs and self- referrals.
He practices multimodal pain management and is well versed in physical and psychological techniques to help. Dr Gupta has also completed a Diploma in Acupuncture from the British Medical Acupuncture Society.
- Persistent pain after surgery
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Opioid prescribing in non-cancer pain
- Intervention in Palliative care/cancer pain
- Neuropathic pain associated with medical diseases
- Neuropathic pain associated after a procedure
- Shoulder pain
- Knee pain
- Chronic pain-fibromyalgia
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Pain due to entrapped nerves - Hernia pain after operation
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- British Medical Association
- Faculty of Pain
- British Pain Society
- International Association for the Study of Pain