Dr Jones graduated in medicine from St Bartholomew’s Hospital before training in General Adult Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry. She has been on the General Medical Council Specialist Register for Forensic Psychiatry since 2005.
- St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical School, London MBBS 1993
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, 1997
- General Medical Council Specialist Register for forensic psychiatry since 2005
- Approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act 1983
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Expert since 2021
Dr Jones worked in the NHS between 1993 and 2013. She held many roles during that time as she progressed through the different levels of seniority. She became a consultant psychiatrist in 2005 and held a consultant post in general adult psychiatry at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds between 2005 and 2007 and then in forensic psychiatry at The John Howard Secure Hospital in London between 2007 and 2013.
Dr Jones left the NHS in June 2013 and has since concentrated on private practice.
Dr Jones joined The Priory Hospital in Chelmsford and the St Edmunds Hospital as a visiting consultant in June 2013.
She works with adults (18-65 year olds) and manages patients with a broad range of psychiatric disorders including organic psychiatric disorders, schizophrenia, depressive disorders, bipolar affective disorder, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, personality disorders, alcohol and substance misuse disorders and neurodevelopmental disorders such as Asperger’s Syndrome and ADHD.
Dr Jones often engages psychological therapists to work alongside her to assist with treatment.
Dr Jones has a special interest in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. She is qualified to assess, investigate and prescribe bioidentical hormones. She offers a bespoke service through The Hormone Clinic tailored to the individual through personalised treatment plans following detailed medical consultation and tests. She treats a wide range of hormonal conditions including premenstrual syndrome, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, perimenoupause, menopause post natal depression and andropause. She helps to restore hormonal balance and live life to the full. More details can be found on her website https://hormoneclinic.uk/
Dr Jones is recognised by all the main private health insurers in the UK and the American private health insurer Tricare. She also treats self-funding patients. She keeps up to date with ongoing professional development and is fully approved in her practice by the General Medical Council and the Royal College of Psychiatrists
Dr Jones has extensive experience in preparing psychiatric reports for The Crown Court, The Family Court and appearing as an Expert Witness
- Publication in the Psychiatric Bulletin in 1998. Review of college guidelines on high dose neuroleptic use in psychiatric intensive care unit.
- Publication of case report in Progress in Neurology and Psychiatry, Catatonia: an independent syndrome, April 2007.
- Co-wrote a clinical handbook in Acute Psychiatry for Psychiatrists published in November 2007.
- Developed, organised and taught on a professional MRCPsych clinical examination course.