Dr Joyce Leman
MB ChB FRCP
Practices at: Kings Park Hospital
Following specialist training initially in Edinburgh and then Glasgow, her first consultant post was in Forth Valley. Thereafter, she spent more than a decade in Glasgow where she co-ran a severe psoriasis and combined dermatology/rheumatology clinic. Most recently she established a severe eczema service in Fife.
A past secretary of the Scottish Dermatology Society, she is also a member of the British Association of Dermatologists and the American Academy of Dermatology. She has acted as an advisor for the Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC) and the National Institute for Care and Health Excellence (NICE), and has also lectured extensively on inflammatory skin disease and biological therapies. Recently, she has combined her clinical work with the role of scientific fellow for a Danish Dermatology company – Leo pharma – in their bio dermatology division.
Out with medicine she acts as a taxi service to teenage twin boys as they tour the country playing rugby and mountain biking. When left to her own devices she can be found (inexpertly) tending her herbaceous borders, devouring contemporary fiction and cooking for friends.
- Eczema/dermatitis, psoriasis, acne, rosacea
- Urticaria and itching
- Female genital dermatoses (such as lichen sclerosus)
- Hair and nail problems
- Mole checks including dermoscopy
- Skin cancers
- Benign but symptomatic skin lesions
- Lesions causing cosmetic concern such as warts, lumps and bumps
- Pigmentary problems/pigmented lesions
- British Association of Dermatologists
- Scottish Dermatological Society