Mr Simon studied at Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School graduating in 1996. He completed basic surgical training on the Hammersmith Hospitals rotation followed by a Research Fellowship at Imperial College London that where he completed a Master of Surgery Degree.
His Orthopaedic surgical training was in the Northwest Thames Region with a one year Upper Limb Surgery Fellowship under Professor Carr at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford.
He went on to work as a Locum Consultant at Kings College Hospital, a busy London Teaching Hospital and Trauma Centre, for a year and a half before starting at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital.
Mr Simon has a special interest in shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist surgery including the latest in arthroscopic and open surgical techniques and has a Master of Surgery Degree for a thesis on rotator cuff disease, a subject on which he has published and presented research internationally.
Mr Simon specialises in:
- Total shoulder replacement and revision arthroplasty
- Arthroscopic surgery including rotator cuff repairs, decompression and arthroscopic shoulder stabilisation
- Elbow surgery: Open and arthroscopic procedures including stabilisation and tennis/golfer’s elbow
- Wrist arthroscopic and open procedures
- Hand surgery, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and trauma
- Sports injury’s and upper limb trauma
- Qualified in ultrasonography and performs diagnostic ultrasound and guided therapeutic injections