His Orthopaedic surgical training was in the Northwest Thames Region with a one year Upper Limb Surgery Fellowship under Professor Carr at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford.
He went on to work as a Locum Consultant at Kings College Hospital, a busy London Teaching Hospital and Trauma Centre, for a year and a half before starting at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital.
Mr Simon has a special interest in shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist surgery including the latest in arthroscopic and open surgical techniques and has a Master of Surgery Degree for a thesis on rotator cuff disease, a subject on which he has published and presented research internationally. Mr Simon specialises in:-
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, arthroscopic shoulder stabilisation and shoulder arthroplasty.
- Elbow arthroscopic procedures, stabilisation and arthroplasty.
- Wrist arthroscopic and open procedures.
- Hand surgery for Dupuytrens, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and trauma.
- Sports medicine and trauma.
He has an additional interest in sports injuries of the shoulder and elbow as well as upper limb trauma.