Is joint pain affecting your quality of life or stopping you doing what you love?
Joint pain affects over 10 million people in the UK  and many of us are likely to experience some sort of joint discomfort at some point in our lives. Both adults and children can be affected and with a huge range of underlying causes it can be difficult to identify the most effective course of treatment.
Our expert team at Three Shires Hospital in Northampton see patients from Guilsborough, Wooton, Duston, Brackley, Towcester and Wellingborough. People also visit us from Brixworth, Grange Park, Long Buckby and Moulton. If you’re looking for a private hospital near you, our team is ready and waiting. We welcome people who live or work locally as well as those who want to travel from further afield to benefit from our talented consultants and compassionate care teams.
At Three Shires Hospital In Northampton we run an adult only Joint Pain Injection Clinic, led by experienced and chartered Physiotherapist Tom Webb, which provides you with fast access to diagnosis and treatment of your joint pain for a single package price. **
A corticosteroid injection may not be appropriate for all patients but our staff will run through a few screening questions prior to the appointment (free of charge) to rule out any major concerns. If you have any queries or would like to know more, ring the number below.
We now offer a variety of appointment days and times, ring 0800 092 9504 to speak to our staff to arrange an appointment to suit your needs. Alternatively e-mail [email protected] to discuss your needs.
As part of our Joint Pain Injection Clinic you will receive:
- A full 45-minute assessment with the physiotherapist to diagnose your pain
- A discussion highlighting the potential benefits and risks of the injection
- If appropriate a pain relieving injection and rehabilitation
Following the assessment, you will follow one of three pathways:
- One joint injection for treatment of the pain (if deemed necessary following the initial assessment) plus three 30-minute follow-up sessions with the physiotherapist to aid recovery.
Total cost £300.00**
- One corticosteroid joint injection for treatment of the pain (if deemed necessary following the initial assessment) only. The individual will be provided with initial exercises to take away to cover the first 10-14 days.
Total cost: £180**
- For some patients an injection may not be required. In this case the patient will receive the full 45 minute initial physiotherapy assessment with rehabilitation exercises and manual techniques (where appropriate). Patients will be charged for the physio appointment only. Following this patients can either continue with additional physio treatment (pay per session) or they will be referred back to their GP or onto a consultant for further investigation if required.
Total cost - £65.00 **
Conditions we treat include:
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Shoulder pain
- Elbow pain
- Ankle pain
For more information about our Joint Pain Injection Clinic or to arrange an appointment contact us today on 0800 092 9504.
**Terms and conditions:
- This clinic is for new patients only. Patient must be age 18 and older
- Payment will be taken at the end of the initial physiotherapy appointment.
- Where an injection is required this will be administered during the initial assessment. Follow-up appointments can be booked at the end of the initial assessment.
- Where a referral onto a consultant is deemed necessary any charges will be discussed with you at the time of referral.