Oculoplastics is a specialised field in Ophthalmology that relates to a variety of surgical procedures that deal with the orbit (eye socket), eyelids, tear ducts, and the face. It also deals with the reconstruction of the eye and associated structures.
Our dedicated Consultants who sub-specialise in Oculoplastics routinely perform highly complex surgeries and can provide advice and guidance on various conditions such as:
- Watery eyes
- Lumps, bumps and skin-tags on the eyelids or surrounding facial area
- Rodent ulcers and other eyelid cancers
- Eyelid swelling
- Eyelids turning in or out
- Excess eyelid skin or droopy eyelids
- Bulging eyes (proptosis)
- Thyroid related eye problems
- Inability to close eyes (for example, due to facial nerve/bells-palsy)
- Any other eyelid, tear drainage or eye socket problems
Depending on the diagnosis, conditions can sometimes be treated or managed without the need for surgery. However, there are many that will require surgery to be effectively treated, and we can provide a wide range of surgical and non-surgical services including:
- Cosmetic eyelid surgery (also known as ‘blepharoplasty’)
- Eyelid ptosis surgery (used to address droopy eyelids)
- Eyelid reconstruction (used following trauma or tumour removal)
- Eyebrow lift (used to address droopy or heavy eyebrows)
- Epiphoria (also known as ‘dacryocystorhinostomy’ (DCR)
- Eyelid gold weights (used to address facial palsy)
Some Treatments can be performed in an outpatient setting as part of the same initial consultation or if surgery is required, this will be arranged at a time that is most suitable to meet your needs.
To find out more or book an appointment today call 0141 303 1421
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)