I have been a Consultant General Paediatric and Neonatal Surgeon working at the Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospital since January 2011. I have been trained by some of the leading experts in their field in Bristol, Birmingham, London, Oxford and Sydney, Australia.
I perform a wide range of elective and emergency general surgery in children up to the age of 16 years. These include both upper and lower gastrointestinal surgery and Thoracic surgery including chest wall deformities. I am the lead for paediatric surgical oncology for the North of Scotland. Where appropriate I regularly use minimally invasive techniques in my surgical practice
I work closely with my Paediatric Gastroenterological colleagues for management of conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease.
I consult at the Albyn Hospital, with inpatient care and surgery being performed at the Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospital which was specially designed with the needs of the child in mind.
Most common condition for consultation in my clinics:
- Gastrointestinal – abdominal pain, constipation, GORD, anorectal pathology.
- Foreskin problems
- Lumps and bumps
- Ingrown toenails
- Inguino-scrotal pathology
- Ankyloglossia and upper lip ties
- Chest wall deformities
- Cystic Lung Lesions
Current NHS and /or University Posts
Educational and training roles are:
- Honorary clinical lecturer at the University of Aberdeen
- Educational lead for the Surgical Paediatric department
- Clinical and Educational Supervisor for medical, surgical and GP trainees
- Training Programme Director for the North of Scotland Foundation programme