Mr Tapan Mehta
Consultant Vascular Surgeon
MBBS, MD, FRCS
Practices at: The Manor Hospital
He was appointed as a consultant vascular surgeon at Bedford Hospital in December 2010. Vascular surgery is fast evolving with several open operations being replaced by minimal access keyhole procedures. Mr Mehta has received training in these new techniques both in Australia and at Cambridge.
His main areas of interest are aneurysm repair using endovascular techniques (EVAR) and peripheral arterial disease. His research was in supervised exercise and angioplasty in patients with intermittent claudication, for which he was awarded the British Journal of Surgery research bursary in 2001. Mr Mehta is keen to adopt a multi-modality approach in treating patients with critical leg ischaemia, especially in patients with diabetes.
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Aortic aneurysm repair
- Treatment of varicose veins
- Medical Protection Society
- Vascular Surgical Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society for Vascular Surgery
- British Society of Interventional Radiology
- Cardiovascular & Interventional Radiology Society of Europe
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh