He has extensive experience in Paediatric laparoscopy and performs Laparoscopic appendicectomy, Cholecystectomy, orcheidopexies as well as fundoplication laparoscopically. He also performs single port surgery to achieve scarless surgeries in children.
Mr Desai also has expertise for thoracoscopic procedures and undertakes management of empyema and lung resections with this approach.
Apart from his special interest areas Mr Desai also performs surgery in children for variety of conditions including all groin conditions, tongue tie and hypospadias.
Mr Desai is also part of the specialist multi disciplinary clinic for assessment for bariatric surgery in adolescent population at King’s College Hospital.
Mr Desai has keen interest in training and teaching of undergraduate and post graduate students. He is examiner medical students as well as educational supervisor for paediatric surgery.
- Paediatric laparoscopy
- Paediatric thoracoscopy
- Adolescent bariatric surgery
- General paediatric surgery – Groin conditions, circumcision
- Management of gastro oesophageal reflux
- Management of hypospadias
- British Association of Paediatric Surgeons ( BAPS)
- British Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons( BAPES)
- International Paediatric Endoscopic Group (IPEG)
- Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons