Dr Anthony Jenkins trained at Cambridge University (pre-clinical studies) and St Thomas’ Hospital. He was a research fellow and senior registrar at St Thomas’ and his research doctorate examined the effects of diet on the intestine. He has maintained his interest in nutrition and he led the Clinical Nutrition Team at the Princess Royal University Hospital. His other main interests centre on investigation and treatment of patients with irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion and inflammatory bowel disease.
Dr Jenkins is an accomplished endoscopist with extensive experience in gastroscopy, colonoscopy and the non-invasive technique of wireless capsule endoscopy.
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Clinical Nutrition
- Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians
- Member of British Medical Association
- Member of British Society of Gastroenterology
- Member of American Gastroenterology Association
- Member of British Association of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition